CS_2013OldVineZinMancini_small

Buy Now

Average Brix at Harvest: 26.4°
Alcohol: 14.6%

Total Acidity: 0.68 gm/100ml
pH: 3.44


Case Production:

258 cases

Bottling Date: May 20, 2015


Download Fact Sheet (PDF)

Mancini Vineyard was planted in 1922 to mostly Zinfandel, but also to a cadre of other varietals, some of which you may not have heard: Carignane, Alicante Bouschet, Petite Sirah, Grand Noir, Mataro, and some additional vines that haven’t been identified yet. With great care over the years, this vineyard still produces complex and beautiful fruit and we couldn’t wait to get some to make a single vineyard designate masterpiece of a wine.

Wine Maker’s Tasting Notes:

Very complexly layered black fruits, deep and dark and brooding. Freshly ground black pepper, augmented by full spice cupboard. Cedary, creamy oak, a bit of vanilla, a touch of aromatic blueberry. Rich in mouth, good structure for aging, a bit chewy in its youth.

Varietal Composition:

Estimated 80% Zinfandel (remaining 20% is field-blend of Carignane, Alicante Bouschet, Petite Sirah, Grand Noir, Valdiguié, Abouriou, etc.)

Appellation:

Russian River Valley, Sonoma County

Fermentation Characteristics:

3 days cold soak prior to ferment & 18 days total on skins. 100% bin-fermented & punched down by hand.

Cellar Storage/Aging:

17 months in barrels—20% new French, 20% new American, and 60% neutral French

Library: